Monitoring your vehicle is imperative nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Nissan Qashqai. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Nissan Qashqai?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Qashqai signify?
We will start our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Nissan Qashqai, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Qashqai?
To begin with, it is essential to describe to you what the ABS of your Nissan Qashqai is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Qashqai is made from several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Qashqai
In fact, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Qashqai
Now we go forward to the section that you are most likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Qashqai? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Qashqai can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Nissan Qashqai to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Qashqai: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Nissan Qashqai?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Qashqai?. The solutions will could depend on the failures you are enduring. First of all, pass your Nissan Qashqai to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Qashqai, don’t be reluctant to go through our article which details the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Qashqai:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Nissan Qashqai, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Qashqai category.