Paying attention to your vehicle is very important in these days, in reality, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the theme we are going to discuss on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Nissan Pathfinder. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Nissan Pathfinder?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Pathfinder mean?
We will commence our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Nissan Pathfinder, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Pathfinder?
First of all, it is vital to explain to you what the ABS of your Nissan Pathfinder is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Pathfinder is composed of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Pathfinder
The fact is, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Pathfinder
Now we proceed to the section that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Pathfinder? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Pathfinder can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Nissan Pathfinder to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Pathfinder: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Nissan Pathfinder?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Pathfinder?. The solutions will be based upon the deficiencies you are experiencing. First of all, pass your Nissan Pathfinder to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Pathfinder, don’t be reluctant to browse our content page which points the steps to take. Once you have determined the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Pathfinder:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Nissan Pathfinder, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Pathfinder category.