Keeping an eye on your car is important nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the theme we are going to focus on in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Nissan NV200. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Nissan NV200?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan NV200 signify?
We will commence our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Nissan NV200, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan NV200?
To begin with, it is vital to explain to you what the ABS of your Nissan NV200 is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan NV200 is made up of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan NV200
In fact, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan NV200
Now we proceed to the part that you are most probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan NV200? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan NV200 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Nissan NV200 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan NV200: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Nissan NV200?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan NV200?. The answers will depend on the deficiencies you are enduring. Firstly, pass your Nissan NV200 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan NV200, don’t think twice to examine our content which points the steps to take. Once you have established the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan NV200:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve spotted an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan NV200, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan NV200 category.