Watching your vehicle is imperative in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Nissan NV. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Nissan NV?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan NV mean?
We will begin our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Nissan NV, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan NV?
To start with, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Nissan NV is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan NV is composed of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan NV
In fact, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan NV
Now we go forward to the part that you are most certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan NV? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan NV can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Nissan NV to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan NV: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Nissan NV?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan NV?. The answers will depend on the failure you are having. To begin with, pass your Nissan NV to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan NV, don’t hesitate to browse our content which details the steps to take. Once you have discovered the source of your trouble, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan NV:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve spotted an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan NV, go to our Nissan NV category.