Watching your automobile is fundamental in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the theme we are gonna focus on on this webpage, one of the indications that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Nissan Cube. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Nissan Cube?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Cube signify?
We will commence our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Nissan Cube, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Cube?
To begin with, it is essential to describe to you what the ABS of your Nissan Cube is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Cube is composed of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Cube
In fact, you can with ease experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Cube
Now we proceed to the section that you are probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Cube? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Cube can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Nissan Cube to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Cube: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Nissan Cube?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Cube?. The answers will could depend on the failures you are encountering. To begin with, pass your Nissan Cube to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Cube, don’t hesitate to browse our article which details the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Cube:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve spotted an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To get more tips on the Nissan Cube, take a look at the Nissan Cube category.