Watching your vehicle is very important in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are going to talk about in this article, one of the indications that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Nissan Armada. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Nissan Armada?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Armada indicate?
We will commence our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Nissan Armada, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Armada?
To start with, it is fundamental to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Nissan Armada is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Armada is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Armada
The truth is, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Armada
Now we move on to the section that you are certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Armada? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Armada can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Nissan Armada to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Armada: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Nissan Armada?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Armada?. The answers will be contingent on the failures you are going through. To begin with, pass your Nissan Armada to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Armada, don’t think twice to browse our content page which details the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Armada:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve spotted an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Nissan Armada, take a look at the Nissan Armada category.