Monitoring your automobile is fundamental in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are gonna focus on today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Mitsubishi Space star 2. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Mitsubishi Space star 2?.
What does the ABS light on Mitsubishi Space star 2 signify?
We will commence our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mitsubishi Space star 2, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mitsubishi Space star 2?
To begin with, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 is made from several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mitsubishi Space star 2
In reality, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mitsubishi Space star 2
Now we move on to the section that you are most probably more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mitsubishi Space star 2? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mitsubishi Space star 2 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Mitsubishi Space star 2 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mitsubishi Space star 2: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Mitsubishi Space star 2?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mitsubishi Space star 2?. The solutions will be based upon the deficiencies you are experiencing. To begin with, pass your Mitsubishi Space star 2 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mitsubishi Space star 2, don’t think twice to go through our guideline which details the steps to take. Once you have located the source of your trouble, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Mitsubishi Space star 2:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Space star 2, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Space star 2 category.