Paying attention to your automobile is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the topic we are going to discuss on this webpage, one of the indicators that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Mitsubishi Mirage. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Mitsubishi Mirage?.
What does the ABS light on Mitsubishi Mirage mean?
We will begin our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mitsubishi Mirage, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mitsubishi Mirage?
To start with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Mitsubishi Mirage is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mitsubishi Mirage is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mitsubishi Mirage
The fact is, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mitsubishi Mirage
Now we move on to the part that you are likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mitsubishi Mirage? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be aware that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mitsubishi Mirage can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Mitsubishi Mirage to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mitsubishi Mirage: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Mitsubishi Mirage?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mitsubishi Mirage?. The answers will could depend on the failure you are having. To begin with, pass your Mitsubishi Mirage to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mitsubishi Mirage, don’t be reluctant to browse our guideline which points the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mitsubishi Mirage:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mitsubishi Mirage, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Mirage category.