Keeping an eye on your vehicle is imperative in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the topic we are gonna talk about on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Mercedes Benz GLA Class. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Mercedes Benz GLA Class?.
What does the ABS light on Mercedes Benz GLA Class indicate?
We will begin our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Mercedes Benz GLA Class, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mercedes Benz GLA Class?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class is made up of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class
The truth is, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mercedes Benz GLA Class
Now we go forward to the section that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mercedes Benz GLA Class? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Mercedes Benz GLA Class?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mercedes Benz GLA Class?. The solutions will be contingent on the failure you are going through. First of all, pass your Mercedes Benz GLA Class to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mercedes Benz GLA Class, don’t be reluctant to go through our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve spotted an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Benz GLA Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLA Class category.