Keeping an eye on your automobile is fundamental in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the signs that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Mazda CX 9. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Mazda CX 9?.
What does the ABS light on Mazda CX 9 mean?
We will begin our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Mazda CX 9, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mazda CX 9?
To start with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Mazda CX 9 is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mazda CX 9 is made up of different components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mazda CX 9
In truth, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mazda CX 9
Now we go forward to the part that you are most likely more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mazda CX 9? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mazda CX 9 can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Mazda CX 9 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mazda CX 9: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Mazda CX 9?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mazda CX 9?. The solutions will be based upon the deficiencies you are encountering. First of all, pass your Mazda CX 9 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mazda CX 9, don’t hesitate to read our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have discovered the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Mazda CX 9:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 9, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 9 category.