Keeping an eye on your automobile is imperative in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are gonna focus on in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Mazda CX 7. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Mazda CX 7?.
What does the ABS light on Mazda CX 7 mean?
We will commence our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mazda CX 7, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mazda CX 7?
To begin with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Mazda CX 7 is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mazda CX 7 is made up of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mazda CX 7
In fact, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mazda CX 7
Now we proceed to the part that you are most certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mazda CX 7? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mazda CX 7 can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Mazda CX 7 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mazda CX 7: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Mazda CX 7?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mazda CX 7?. The answers will depend on the deficiencies you are encountering. Firstly, pass your Mazda CX 7 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mazda CX 7, don’t be reluctant to go through our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have determined the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mazda CX 7:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 7, take a look at the Mazda CX 7 category.