Watching your vehicle is imperative in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the subject we are gonna talk about in this article, one of the signs that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Lincoln MKS. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Lincoln MKS?.
What does the ABS light on Lincoln MKS mean?
We will start our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Lincoln MKS, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Lincoln MKS?
First of all, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Lincoln MKS is employed for so that you can understand the remaining of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Lincoln MKS is made from different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Lincoln MKS
The fact is, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Lincoln MKS
Now we go forward to the part that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Lincoln MKS? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Lincoln MKS can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Lincoln MKS to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Lincoln MKS: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Lincoln MKS?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Lincoln MKS?. The answers will be contingent on the failures you are encountering. To begin with, pass your Lincoln MKS to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Lincoln MKS, don’t hesitate to browse our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have identified the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Lincoln MKS:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you need more guides on the Lincoln MKS, go to our Lincoln MKS category.