Watching your automobile is imperative in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are gonna talk about today, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Lexus CT. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Lexus CT?.
What does the ABS light on Lexus CT signify?
We will commence our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Lexus CT, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Lexus CT?
To start with, it is necessary to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Lexus CT is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Lexus CT is consisting of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Lexus CT
In truth, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Lexus CT
Now we go forward to the part that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Lexus CT? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Lexus CT can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Lexus CT to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Lexus CT: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Lexus CT?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Lexus CT?. The solutions will be based upon the failure you are having. To begin with, pass your Lexus CT to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Lexus CT, don’t be reluctant to browse our content which points the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Lexus CT:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To get more tips on the Lexus CT, take a look at the Lexus CT category.