Paying attention to your car is imperative in these days, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are going to focus on today, one of the symptoms that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Kia Sedona. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Kia Sedona?.
What does the ABS light on Kia Sedona signify?
We will commence our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Kia Sedona, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Kia Sedona?
To start with, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Kia Sedona is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Kia Sedona is made up of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Kia Sedona
In fact, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Kia Sedona
Now we move on to the section that you are most certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Kia Sedona? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Kia Sedona can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Kia Sedona to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Kia Sedona: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Kia Sedona?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Kia Sedona?. The answers will depend on the deficiencies you are experiencing. First of all, pass your Kia Sedona to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Kia Sedona, don’t be reluctant to read our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have located the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Kia Sedona:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Kia Sedona, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sedona category.