Keeping an eye on your automobile is fundamental nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the theme we are gonna discuss today, one of the indicators that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Kia Forte. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Kia Forte?.
What does the ABS light on Kia Forte mean?
We will start our article content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Kia Forte, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Kia Forte?
First of all, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Kia Forte is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Kia Forte is composed of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Kia Forte
In fact, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Kia Forte
Now we move on to the section that you are probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Kia Forte? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Kia Forte can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Kia Forte to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Kia Forte: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Kia Forte?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Kia Forte?. The solutions will be based upon the deficiencies you are encountering. Firstly, pass your Kia Forte to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Kia Forte, don’t hesitate to examine our article content which points out the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Kia Forte:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve detected an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Kia Forte, take a look at the Kia Forte category.