Paying attention to your vehicle is important in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the indications that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Infiniti QX70. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Infiniti QX70?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti QX70 indicate?
We will commence our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti QX70, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti QX70?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Infiniti QX70 is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti QX70 is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti QX70
The truth is, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti QX70
Now we move on to the part that you are most certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti QX70? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti QX70 can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Infiniti QX70 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti QX70: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Infiniti QX70?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti QX70?. The answers will be contingent on the failure you are having. Firstly, pass your Infiniti QX70 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti QX70, don’t be reluctant to go through our content which points the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti QX70:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve detected an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Infiniti QX70, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti QX70 category.