Keeping an eye on your car is essential in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are gonna talk about in this article, one of the symptoms that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Infiniti QX50. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Infiniti QX50?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti QX50 indicate?
We will commence our article content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Infiniti QX50, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti QX50?
To begin with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Infiniti QX50 is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti QX50 is consisting of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti QX50
In fact, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti QX50
Now we move on to the section that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti QX50? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti QX50 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Infiniti QX50 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti QX50: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Infiniti QX50?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti QX50?. The solutions will be contingent on the failure you are enduring. Firstly, pass your Infiniti QX50 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti QX50, don’t hesitate to browse our content page which details the steps to take. Once you have found the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti QX50:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve detected an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Infiniti QX50, take a look at the Infiniti QX50 category.