Keeping an eye on your car is imperative nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Infiniti QX30. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Infiniti QX30?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti QX30 mean?
We will commence our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti QX30, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti QX30?
To start with, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your Infiniti QX30 is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti QX30 is made up of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti QX30
The fact is, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti QX30
Now we proceed to the section that you are most certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti QX30? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti QX30 can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Infiniti QX30 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti QX30: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Infiniti QX30?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti QX30?. The answers will be contingent on the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Infiniti QX30 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti QX30, don’t think twice to examine our content which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti QX30:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more tutorials on the Infiniti QX30, go to our Infiniti QX30 category.