Paying attention to your automobile is essential in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Infiniti Q60. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Infiniti Q60?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti Q60 mean?
We will commence our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti Q60, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti Q60?
To start with, it is necessary to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Infiniti Q60 is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti Q60 is made from several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti Q60
The fact is, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti Q60
Now we go forward to the part that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti Q60? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be aware that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti Q60 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Infiniti Q60 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti Q60: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Infiniti Q60?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti Q60?. The answers will be contingent on the deficiencies you are encountering. First of all, pass your Infiniti Q60 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti Q60, don’t be reluctant to read our content which points the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti Q60:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Infiniti Q60, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti Q60 category.