Paying attention to your vehicle is fundamental in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indications that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Infiniti M. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Infiniti M?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti M indicate?
We will begin our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti M, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti M?
To start with, it is vital to explain to you what the ABS of your Infiniti M is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti M is composed of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti M
In reality, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti M
Now we go forward to the section that you are most probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti M? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be informed that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti M can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Infiniti M to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti M: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Infiniti M?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti M?. The solutions will could depend on the failure you are going through. First of all, pass your Infiniti M to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti M, don’t hesitate to examine our content which points the steps to take. Once you have identified the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti M:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Infiniti M, go to our Infiniti M category.