Monitoring your car is important nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the subject we are going to discuss on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Infiniti G. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Infiniti G?.
What does the ABS light on Infiniti G signify?
We will begin our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Infiniti G, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Infiniti G?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Infiniti G is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Infiniti G is made from several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Infiniti G
In reality, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Infiniti G
Now we move on to the part that you are almost certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Infiniti G? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Infiniti G can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Infiniti G to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Infiniti G: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Infiniti G?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Infiniti G?. The answers will be contingent on the failures you are experiencing. To begin with, pass your Infiniti G to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Infiniti G, don’t hesitate to read our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have found the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Infiniti G:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Infiniti G, go to our Infiniti G category.