Monitoring your car is fundamental nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are gonna focus on on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Hyundai Accent. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Hyundai Accent?.
What does the ABS light on Hyundai Accent signify?
We will begin our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Hyundai Accent, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Hyundai Accent?
To start with, it is essential to describe to you what the ABS of your Hyundai Accent is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Hyundai Accent is composed of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Hyundai Accent
In truth, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Hyundai Accent
Now we move on to the part that you are most certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Hyundai Accent? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Hyundai Accent can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Hyundai Accent to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Hyundai Accent: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Hyundai Accent?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Hyundai Accent?. The answers will rely upon the failure you are having. Firstly, pass your Hyundai Accent to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Hyundai Accent, don’t think twice to browse our article content which points out the steps to take. Once you have discovered the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Hyundai Accent:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Hyundai Accent, take a look at the Hyundai Accent category.