Monitoring your vehicle is essential in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are gonna focus on today, one of the indications that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Honda HR V. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Honda HR V?.
What does the ABS light on Honda HR V signify?
We will begin our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Honda HR V, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Honda HR V?
To begin with, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Honda HR V is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Honda HR V is consisting of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Honda HR V
In reality, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Honda HR V
Now we proceed to the section that you are almost certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Honda HR V? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be informed that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Honda HR V can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Honda HR V to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Honda HR V: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Honda HR V?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Honda HR V?. The answers will be contingent on the failure you are going through. First of all, pass your Honda HR V to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Honda HR V, don’t hesitate to examine our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Honda HR V:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda HR V, go to our Honda HR V category.