Paying attention to your car is very important nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is specifically the subject we are going to discuss in this article, one of the indications that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Honda CR V. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Honda CR V?.
What does the ABS light on Honda CR V signify?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Honda CR V, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Honda CR V?
First of all, it is vital to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Honda CR V is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Honda CR V is made up of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Honda CR V
In reality, you can with ease experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Honda CR V
Now we proceed to the part that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Honda CR V? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be conscious that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Honda CR V can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Honda CR V to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Honda CR V: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Honda CR V?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Honda CR V?. The solutions will might depend on the failures you are enduring. First of all, pass your Honda CR V to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Honda CR V, don’t be reluctant to go through our article which points out the steps to take. Once you have located the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Honda CR V:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda CR V, go to our Honda CR V category.