Monitoring your automobile is essential in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are gonna discuss today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Ford F 350 . In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Ford F 350 ?.
What does the ABS light on Ford F 350 mean?
We will start our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Ford F 350 , to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Ford F 350 ?
To begin with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Ford F 350 is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Ford F 350 is made from different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Ford F 350
In truth, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Ford F 350
Now we proceed to the section that you are probably more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Ford F 350 ? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Ford F 350 can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Ford F 350 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Ford F 350 : If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Ford F 350 ?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Ford F 350 ?. The solutions will rely upon the failure you are experiencing. Firstly, pass your Ford F 350 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Ford F 350 , don’t hesitate to read our article content which explains the steps to take. Once you have identified the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Ford F 350 :
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more tutorials on the Ford F 350 , go to our Ford F 350 category.