Monitoring your vehicle is fundamental in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is exactly the topic we are going to discuss on this webpage, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Ford E Series. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Ford E Series?.
What does the ABS light on Ford E Series indicate?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Ford E Series, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Ford E Series?
To begin with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Ford E Series is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Ford E Series is made from several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Ford E Series
In fact, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Ford E Series
Now we move on to the section that you are almost certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Ford E Series? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Ford E Series can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Ford E Series to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Ford E Series: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Ford E Series?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Ford E Series?. The answers will be contingent on the deficiencies you are going through. To begin with, pass your Ford E Series to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Ford E Series, don’t hesitate to go through our content which points out the steps to take. Once you have established the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Ford E Series:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more guides on the Ford E Series, go to our Ford E Series category.