Watching your vehicle is essential in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the subject we are going to focus on in this article, one of the indicators that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Ford C Max. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Ford C Max?.
What does the ABS light on Ford C Max mean?
We will commence our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Ford C Max, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Ford C Max?
To begin with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Ford C Max is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Ford C Max is made up of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Ford C Max
In truth, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Ford C Max
Now we proceed to the part that you are almost certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Ford C Max? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Ford C Max can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Ford C Max to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Ford C Max: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Ford C Max?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Ford C Max?. The solutions will might depend on the failures you are experiencing. Firstly, pass your Ford C Max to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Ford C Max, don’t hesitate to examine our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have identified the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Ford C Max:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve detected an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Ford C Max, do not hesitate to consult our Ford C Max category.