Watching your vehicle is vital nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is exactly the subject we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Fiat Punto Evo. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Fiat Punto Evo?.
What does the ABS light on Fiat Punto Evo indicate?
We will begin our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Fiat Punto Evo, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Fiat Punto Evo?
To start with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Fiat Punto Evo is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Fiat Punto Evo is composed of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Fiat Punto Evo
In truth, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Fiat Punto Evo
Now we go forward to the section that you are almost certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Fiat Punto Evo? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be aware that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Fiat Punto Evo can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Fiat Punto Evo to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Fiat Punto Evo: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Fiat Punto Evo?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Fiat Punto Evo?. The solutions will might depend on the failures you are enduring. First of all, pass your Fiat Punto Evo to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Fiat Punto Evo, don’t hesitate to read our article which details the steps to take. Once you have discovered the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Fiat Punto Evo:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Fiat Punto Evo, take a look at the Fiat Punto Evo category.