Keeping an eye on your car is important in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the theme we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the indicators that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Dodge Dart. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Dodge Dart?.
What does the ABS light on Dodge Dart mean?
We will start our article content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Dodge Dart, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Dodge Dart?
To start with, it is essential to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Dodge Dart is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Dodge Dart is consisting of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Dodge Dart
In fact, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Dodge Dart
Now we go forward to the section that you are probably more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Dodge Dart? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be conscious that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Dodge Dart can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Dodge Dart to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Dodge Dart: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Dodge Dart?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Dodge Dart?. The answers will be based upon the deficiencies you are encountering. Firstly, pass your Dodge Dart to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Dodge Dart, don’t think twice to examine our article content which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Dodge Dart:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve detected an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any additional questions about the Dodge Dart, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Dart category.