Monitoring your automobile is vital nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the subject we are gonna discuss on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Dodge Avenger. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Dodge Avenger?.
What does the ABS light on Dodge Avenger mean?
We will start our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Dodge Avenger, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Dodge Avenger?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Dodge Avenger is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Dodge Avenger is made up of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Dodge Avenger
In fact, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Dodge Avenger
Now we move on to the section that you are most likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Dodge Avenger? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be conscious that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Dodge Avenger can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Dodge Avenger to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Dodge Avenger: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Dodge Avenger?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Dodge Avenger?. The answers will rely upon the failures you are enduring. First of all, pass your Dodge Avenger to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Dodge Avenger, don’t be reluctant to read our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Dodge Avenger:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you need more guides on the Dodge Avenger, go to our Dodge Avenger category.