Watching your automobile is important in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the indications that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Chrysler 300. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Chrysler 300?.
What does the ABS light on Chrysler 300 indicate?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Chrysler 300, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chrysler 300?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Chrysler 300 is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chrysler 300 is made up of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chrysler 300
In reality, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chrysler 300
Now we move on to the part that you are most probably more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chrysler 300? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chrysler 300 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Chrysler 300 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chrysler 300: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Chrysler 300?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chrysler 300?. The solutions will rely upon the failures you are having. Firstly, pass your Chrysler 300 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chrysler 300, don’t hesitate to read our content which explains the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Chrysler 300:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you want more guides on the Chrysler 300, go to our Chrysler 300 category.