Watching your car is vital in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Chrysler 200. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Chrysler 200?.
What does the ABS light on Chrysler 200 signify?
We will begin our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Chrysler 200, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chrysler 200?
To begin with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Chrysler 200 is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chrysler 200 is made from different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chrysler 200
In truth, you can quite easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chrysler 200
Now we move on to the section that you are almost certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chrysler 200? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chrysler 200 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Chrysler 200 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chrysler 200: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Chrysler 200?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chrysler 200?. The solutions will be contingent on the failures you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Chrysler 200 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chrysler 200, don’t think twice to browse our article which details the steps to take. Once you have identified the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Chrysler 200:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve spotted an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Chrysler 200, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler 200 category.