Watching your automobile is essential in these days, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are going to talk about in this article, one of the indications that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Chevrolet Suburban. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Chevrolet Suburban?.
What does the ABS light on Chevrolet Suburban signify?
We will begin our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Chevrolet Suburban, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chevrolet Suburban?
To start with, it is vital to describe to you what the ABS of your Chevrolet Suburban is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chevrolet Suburban is consisting of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chevrolet Suburban
The fact is, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chevrolet Suburban
Now we proceed to the part that you are certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chevrolet Suburban? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chevrolet Suburban can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Chevrolet Suburban to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chevrolet Suburban: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Chevrolet Suburban?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chevrolet Suburban?. The solutions will be based upon the deficiencies you are having. First of all, pass your Chevrolet Suburban to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chevrolet Suburban, don’t hesitate to go through our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Chevrolet Suburban:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you need more tutorials on the Chevrolet Suburban, go to our Chevrolet Suburban category.