Watching your automobile is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are gonna discuss today, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Chevrolet City Express. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Chevrolet City Express?.
What does the ABS light on Chevrolet City Express signify?
We will commence our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Chevrolet City Express, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chevrolet City Express?
First of all, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Chevrolet City Express is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chevrolet City Express is consisting of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chevrolet City Express
In reality, you can simply feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chevrolet City Express
Now we proceed to the part that you are likely more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chevrolet City Express? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chevrolet City Express can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Chevrolet City Express to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chevrolet City Express: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Chevrolet City Express?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chevrolet City Express?. The solutions will be based upon the failure you are going through. Firstly, pass your Chevrolet City Express to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chevrolet City Express, don’t think twice to browse our content which details the steps to take. Once you have located the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Chevrolet City Express:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Chevrolet City Express, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet City Express category.