Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are gonna discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Chevrolet Camaro. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Chevrolet Camaro?.
What does the ABS light on Chevrolet Camaro indicate?
We will start our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Chevrolet Camaro, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chevrolet Camaro?
First of all, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your Chevrolet Camaro is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chevrolet Camaro is made from several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chevrolet Camaro
In truth, you can with ease feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chevrolet Camaro
Now we go forward to the part that you are probably more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chevrolet Camaro? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chevrolet Camaro can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Chevrolet Camaro to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chevrolet Camaro: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Chevrolet Camaro?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chevrolet Camaro?. The answers will could depend on the deficiencies you are having. To begin with, pass your Chevrolet Camaro to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chevrolet Camaro, don’t be reluctant to browse our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have established the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Chevrolet Camaro:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Camaro, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Camaro category.