Watching your car is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are gonna focus on in this article, one of the signs that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Cadillac XT5. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Cadillac XT5?.
What does the ABS light on Cadillac XT5 indicate?
We will commence our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Cadillac XT5, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Cadillac XT5?
To start with, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your Cadillac XT5 is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Cadillac XT5 is composed of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Cadillac XT5
The fact is, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Cadillac XT5
Now we move on to the section that you are likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Cadillac XT5? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Cadillac XT5 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Cadillac XT5 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Cadillac XT5: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Cadillac XT5?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Cadillac XT5?. The answers will be contingent on the deficiencies you are encountering. First of all, pass your Cadillac XT5 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Cadillac XT5, don’t hesitate to read our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Cadillac XT5:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve detected an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Cadillac XT5, take a look at the Cadillac XT5 category.