Watching your vehicle is essential in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are going to focus on in this article, one of the signs that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Cadillac SRX. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Cadillac SRX?.
What does the ABS light on Cadillac SRX indicate?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Cadillac SRX, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Cadillac SRX?
To begin with, it is essential to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Cadillac SRX is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Cadillac SRX is composed of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Cadillac SRX
The truth is, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Cadillac SRX
Now we move on to the part that you are most probably more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Cadillac SRX? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Cadillac SRX can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Cadillac SRX to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Cadillac SRX: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Cadillac SRX?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Cadillac SRX?. The answers will rely upon the deficiencies you are going through. Firstly, pass your Cadillac SRX to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Cadillac SRX, don’t be reluctant to browse our content which points out the steps to take. Once you have established the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Cadillac SRX:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Cadillac SRX, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac SRX category.