Monitoring your vehicle is vital nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are going to talk about in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Cadillac Escalade. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Cadillac Escalade?.
What does the ABS light on Cadillac Escalade indicate?
We will start our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Cadillac Escalade, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Cadillac Escalade?
To begin with, it is fundamental to describe to you what the ABS of your Cadillac Escalade is employed for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Cadillac Escalade is consisting of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Cadillac Escalade
In fact, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Cadillac Escalade
Now we proceed to the section that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Cadillac Escalade? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Cadillac Escalade can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Cadillac Escalade to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Cadillac Escalade: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Cadillac Escalade?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Cadillac Escalade?. The solutions will depend on the deficiencies you are going through. Firstly, pass your Cadillac Escalade to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Cadillac Escalade, don’t think twice to go through our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Cadillac Escalade:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Cadillac Escalade, take a look at the Cadillac Escalade category.