Watching your car is important in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the topic we are gonna talk about on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Cadillac CT6. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Cadillac CT6?.
What does the ABS light on Cadillac CT6 signify?
We will commence our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Cadillac CT6, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Cadillac CT6?
To begin with, it is important to explain to you what the ABS of your Cadillac CT6 is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Cadillac CT6 is made from several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Cadillac CT6
The fact is, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Cadillac CT6
Now we proceed to the part that you are likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Cadillac CT6? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Cadillac CT6 can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Cadillac CT6 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Cadillac CT6: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Cadillac CT6?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Cadillac CT6?. The solutions will rely upon the deficiencies you are enduring. Firstly, pass your Cadillac CT6 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Cadillac CT6, don’t hesitate to examine our guideline which points out the steps to take. Once you have established the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Cadillac CT6:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more guides on the Cadillac CT6, go to our Cadillac CT6 category.