Watching your automobile is vital in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the theme we are going to focus on today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Buick Encore. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Buick Encore?.
What does the ABS light on Buick Encore signify?
We will begin our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Buick Encore, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Buick Encore?
To start with, it is essential to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Buick Encore is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Buick Encore is made up of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Buick Encore
The truth is, you can simply experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Buick Encore
Now we move on to the part that you are certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Buick Encore? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Buick Encore can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Buick Encore to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Buick Encore: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Buick Encore?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Buick Encore?. The answers will depend on the deficiencies you are going through. To begin with, pass your Buick Encore to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Buick Encore, don’t be reluctant to browse our content which explains the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Buick Encore:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Buick Encore, do not hesitate to consult our Buick Encore category.