Monitoring your car is fundamental in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are gonna talk about today, one of the signs that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Bmw Z4. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Bmw Z4?.
What does the ABS light on Bmw Z4 mean?
We will start our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Bmw Z4, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Bmw Z4?
To start with, it is fundamental to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Bmw Z4 is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Bmw Z4 is made up of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Bmw Z4
The fact is, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Bmw Z4
Now we move on to the part that you are likely more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Bmw Z4? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be conscious that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Bmw Z4 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Bmw Z4 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Bmw Z4: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Bmw Z4?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Bmw Z4?. The answers will rely upon the failures you are going through. First of all, pass your Bmw Z4 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Bmw Z4, don’t think twice to examine our content page which points out the steps to take. Once you have established the source of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Bmw Z4:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Bmw Z4, take a look at the Bmw Z4 category.