Keeping an eye on your vehicle is imperative in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the theme we are gonna focus on today, one of the indications that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Audi Q7. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Audi Q7?.
What does the ABS light on Audi Q7 signify?
We will begin our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Audi Q7, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Audi Q7?
To start with, it is essential to describe to you what the ABS of your Audi Q7 is employed for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Audi Q7 is composed of different components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Audi Q7
In fact, you can very easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Audi Q7
Now we move on to the part that you are certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Audi Q7? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be informed that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Audi Q7 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Audi Q7 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Audi Q7: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Audi Q7?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Audi Q7?. The solutions will could depend on the failures you are going through. Firstly, pass your Audi Q7 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Audi Q7, don’t think twice to go through our guideline which details the steps to take. Once you have uncovered the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Audi Q7:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve identified an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Often a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Audi Q7, take a look at the Audi Q7 category.