Keeping an eye on your vehicle is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the topic we are gonna discuss on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Acura TLX. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Acura TLX?.
What does the ABS light on Acura TLX mean?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Acura TLX, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Acura TLX?
To start with, it is fundamental to explain to you what the ABS of your Acura TLX is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Acura TLX is made up of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Acura TLX
In reality, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Acura TLX
Now we go forward to the section that you are likely more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Acura TLX? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Acura TLX can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them motives the ABS light on your Acura TLX to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Acura TLX: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Acura TLX?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Acura TLX?. The answers will could depend on the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Acura TLX to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Acura TLX, don’t think twice to browse our guideline which points out the steps to take. Once you have located the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Acura TLX:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To get more tips on the Acura TLX, take a look at the Acura TLX category.