Monitoring your automobile is very important in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is exactly the theme we are gonna discuss in this article, one of the indicators that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Acura RDX. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Acura RDX?.
What does the ABS light on Acura RDX mean?
We will commence our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Acura RDX, for this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Acura RDX?
First of all, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Acura RDX is employed for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Acura RDX is made up of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Acura RDX
In truth, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Acura RDX
Now we proceed to the part that you are most probably more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Acura RDX? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Acura RDX can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Acura RDX to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Acura RDX: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Acura RDX?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Acura RDX?. The solutions will rely upon the failure you are going through. First of all, pass your Acura RDX to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Acura RDX, don’t think twice to browse our content which points out the steps to take. Once you have discovered the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Acura RDX:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Acura RDX, take a look at the Acura RDX category.